Monday, April 7, 2008

The Shadow's Anointing

Acts 5:12,14-15
"The apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders among the people...Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by."

Man Oh Man! Peter had such an anointing upon him that even his shadow healed people! How wild is that?! Of course, I bet he had to sacrifice some sinful nasties for God to trust him in holding that kind of power. Jesus mold our hearts and lives to crave that level of your anointing!

After digging deeper, I began to type, and this is what came out.

It’s a Move to an All Day Long Holiness. The cries for “Fire to Fall Down” are being heard, yet there is not enough action taken by the people to harness the fire. How can I keep my fire in my creation when my fire is a holy and consuming fire? But how can I consume you if you won’t give all of yourself to me?! I want you to burn for me. But you keep portions of your life to yourself. Why do you keep these areas secret from the world? Don’t you know that I see everything?! Don’t you know that I’m not a condemning god, but one of hope, joy and above all else- LOVE! I love you my child. Come back to me. Get out of the filth. Let me soften your heart. Let me wipe away the tears. Only I can put the pieces of your broken heart back together. Trust in Me! Lean on Me! Allow ME to Fulfill my promises to you. Regain your childlike innocent faith! Seek me and you will surely find me! Ask of me, my child and I will give. Knock on my door and I will answer. But you have to trust in me enough to WAIT. Don’t you know that I am getting everything ready for you? Wait my child. For my timing is not on your clock, but on mine. Remember, I wrote the story. The story of your life isn’t one that you can fast forward to the end, to see what happens. It’s not like reading an everyday novel. BUT, ask, and I will give you answers. Acknowledge me, and lean on me and I will guide you. Step by step. Don’t fret when I don’t give you the entire set of Map Quest directions. Haven’t you heard? I’m taking you new places! Step by step. Trust in me. Lean on me. Seek me. Ask of me. I will guide. I will show. I will direct your path.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

God uses mapquest, that is cool. Awesome Word!!!

Anonymous said...

Lanka-awsome word! You go girl!-ila

Anonymous said...

Oh man Lanka, that is such a word from God. Thank you.