Friday, April 18, 2008

The post...

... from Wednesday night at the LifeHouse.
You have been working the soil, it is important that you continue. I am equipping you for fresh harvest. Make your self ready! I will soon reveal mysteries you have not known. Do not be looking to buy oil for your lamps, concerned with the everyday. Make your self ready, ready to lead others to the bridegroom.
The last few weeks have been weird for me. I have felt like I have hit a "wall" of nothingness... no feelings, no passion, no ideas, no creativity, no overwhelming desire to do or strive for anything, let alone ordinary prayer. However, Jesus has been wooing me. When I try to "do" it on my own time and time again I am left with emptiness and a whisper in my ear... just sit with Me, just wait, don't be concerned with the "doing", just be with Me!
Those of you who know me at all, know that I am a doer, one always on the go, I don't do well to just sit. I have to be moving (most of the time). Following Wednesday night, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I am following that pattern in my spiritual walk too. I have been "concerned with the everyday". Jesus is trying to fill me (and others I'm sure) with his oil that I seek in prayer, and "equip" me to love and to lead others to Him. But, I haven't sat still long enough or focused completely on Him to "make myself ready". While it is important to brainstorm ideas, look for ways to reach out, and do the work of the ministry; if I do not have the oil in my lamp, then I can't lead others to Him nor can I really be his hands and feet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. You nailed it Amanda! God thank you for your gentle guidance and loving mercy. We are with you God. Take us where you want us to go. In Jesus name, Amen.

Trevor said...

When you spoke that word on Wednesday it was like the whole mood in the place changed. Maybe it was just me but I think that GOd really spoke to a lot of people through you.

Trevor said...

I forgot to tell you ...great use of color in the post,,haha

Amanda said...

I really tried to get the colors right... you just never know how people will react, sometimes they get a little touchy on that topic!